Are you searching for a solution to import OST file to Gmail Manually? If your answer is yes, then this blog is very helpful for you. Here we will discuss the best workarounds by which you can upload OST to Gmail.
Microsoft Outlook used two file formats for storing data, i.e., OST and PST. The OST (Offline Storage Table) is used to store and synchronize a copy of your mailbox information on the system. While you are working offline, you can use Outlook but cannot send emails. Once server connectivity is restored, any changes made to your OST file will be synchronized with the server. In simple terms, the OST file is an offline file that is used for offline wok (without an internet connection).
Now, let’s move to the solution to import and open OST file in Gmail account.
Solution to Import OST to Gmail Manually
Before I go any further, I want to make it clear that there is no direct solution to manually import OST to Gmail. There are three steps you need to do to import offline data into a Gmail account.
- Locate OST Files
- Convert your OST File to PST
- Import PST to Google Gmail Account via GSMMO Tool
Follow the below-mentioned steps to perform this task:
Step 1: Locate the OST Files
- Open Outlook and go to the File tab
- Click Account Settings and select the Account Settings option
- Click on the Data Files tab, select any OST file, and click the Open File Location.
By default, OST file can be found here-C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
Note: Sometimes, the Appdata folder might be hidden and you need to unhide it first. For this, in C:\Users\user, click on View tab and check the Hidden items box.
Step 2: Convert your OST File to PST
- Click File tab > Open & Export > Import/Export
- Import and Export Wizard will open, select Export to a file option.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) in the Export to a file window and hit Next.
- Select the items you want to export as PST and click the Next button.
- Click on Browse and select the location to save the PST file.
- Hit on the Finish button.
Step 3: Import PST to Google Gmail Account via GSMMO Tool
G Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook (GSMMO) utility allows you to import or open OST file in Gmail account. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Download GSSMMO application and launch it on your system.
- Now, sign in with your Gmail account and click Continue
- Click Allow to access your Google Account.
- A new window will appear, here select From PST File(s) and click Next.
- Select the PST file to import and hit the Next button.
- Select the data you want to import into Gmail and click on Migrate button.
- The import process will start, once done, you will receive a completion message.
- Now, log, in to your Gmail account and review the imported Outlook data file.
Direct Approach to Import OST file to Gmail Account
If you do not want to use the method described above because it is too long. So don’t worry, you can directly import OST to Gmail using Xtraxtor OST Converter tool. It allows you to upload OST file directly into the Google account. The software supports importing complete mailbox data, including email, calendar, contacts, notes, etc. to a Gmail account.
Steps to Upload OST to Gmail account directly are as follows;
Step 1. Download and install the Xtraxtor OST Converter tool on this Windows OS system.
Step 2. Click Open >> Outlook Data File >> OST File >> Select File from Folder.
Step 3. Click on Export and select Gmail from the saving option list.
Step 4. Enter your Gmail account credentials.
Step 5. Click the Save Button and analyze the process of Import
Congratulations! You have successfully import OST file to Gmail account within a few minutes.
Additional Features of OST file Conversion Tool
The software offers the users multiple advanced and useful functions to easily open OST file in Gmail in a hassle-free way. Some highlighted features are described below:
- Effectively and directly import OST file to Gmail account
- The user-friendly tool with graphical instructions for user’s ease
- Able to bulk import OST to Gmail at the same time
- Provides preview of OST emails along with attachments
- No Outlook installation and exchange server connection required
- 100% secure and fast utility with no file size limitations
- Maintains original email properties and folder structure of mailboxes
- Compatible with all latest and previous versions of Windows OS
For Outlook users, we have explained the detailed solution to import OST file to Gmail manually. However, there is no direct manual process to complete this task. Manually, the user has to do three different steps that are very time consuming and difficult for non-technical users. To save time, we also explained the direct approach to import OST to Gmail account using the OST file converter tool. It makes it easy to upload OST to Gmail to Gmail directly via only login credentials.