Summary: Today we are going to learn a quick way to export Gmail email to PST file format in this blog. Hence, read this article to the end and convert your Gmail email to PST format quickly and without data loss.
Nowadays, Gmail is a popular email service all over the world. It is used by many people because it is free, available anytime and has enough 15 GB storage space. However, if there is a cyber attack on your Gmail account or it crashes or you accidentally delete some emails, what will happen then?
Losing important information is costly, so it is better to export Gmail email to PST file format. So that they can be saved on any storage device or retrieved in Outlook. here, we will provide the best techniques to convert Gmail email to PST format. Before proceeding on the solutions we consider the reasons for saving Gmail emails in PST format in the next section.
Why Do You Need to Export Gmail Email to PST File?
There are various reasons to convert Gmail emails to PST files. Some of them are given below-
- Gmail provides 15 GB storage space. So, archiving data helps you free up Gmail space.
- Sometimes, you can not access your Gmail data due to server down or internet connectivity issues. Data in your local system provides all time access without any interruption.
- PST file provides password protection features to protect your data.
- In Gmail, There are insecurities about cyberattacks. So hacking that initiates you to export Gmail emails to PST files.
Hence, there are many circumstances when users want to export Gmail email to PST file format. Therefore, there are two techniques to complete this task. First, we discuss the manual approach and then a professional solution.
Method 1: Manual Way to Convert Gmail Email to PST Format
You can manually export Gmail email to PST file format using MS Outlook. In this method first, you need to install the MS Outlook application. Configure your Gmail account with Outlook with following steps-
Phase 1. Prepare Your Gmail Account
- Firstly, Login your Gmail account with credentials and Click on Gear icon.
- Now, Click on See all settings option.
- After that Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP option
- Click Enable IMAP in IMAP Access and press Save changes option.
Phase 2. Get App Specific Password for Gmail
- Go to profile icon and choose the Google account.
- Now, Click on Manage Your Google Account and Select the Security option.
- After that, Turn on 2 step verification in Singing in to Google.
- Click on App password and type Outlook in drop down menu of App password window and click on generate.
Phase 3. Connect Outlook to Gmail Account
- After the above phase Launch MS Outlook application on your system.
- Now, Click on File tab and go to Account settings and click on New account.
- Enter your Gmail credentials and click on Connect.
- Fill the password that recently created in Google.
- At last, Click on Connect button.
Now Gmail account is configured with Outlook. After configuration, follow the below steps and transfer your Gmail emails to the Outlook interface and then export them to PST format. Hence without further delay let’s proceed.
- Open MS Outlook on your system.
2. Now, click on File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
3. Choose an action to perform, Export to a File and click on the Next button.
4. After that, select Outlook Data File (.pst). and click on Next.
5. Select the folder that you want to export and press Next.
6. Browse the location to save the exported file and choose the required option from the given list. Click on the Finish button.
Here complete the process and all mailbox data will be saved at your selected location.
Demerits Of Manual Method
There are some limitations of manual approach which are given below-
1. There is no email filter option to export selected emails.
2. It may take lots of time if your mailbox has numerous emails.
3. While performing the transfer process, you might lose your important data.
4. You require technical knowledge while configuring your Gmail account to Outlook.
You may face these problems while using this manual method to perform the Gmail email to PST export process. However, there is an alternative solution to perform this task. To know about it read the next segment of this blog.
Method 2: How to Export Gmail Email to PST File?
Unfortunately, Gmail doesn’t have the option to convert its emails to PST file. To do that you need an automated tool that can perform this export process with 100% efficiency and accuracy.
Xtraxtor Gmail Backup Tool is one such tool that can export Gmail emails to PST in batch without facing any glitches. It has an easy-to-use interface that empowers novice users to transfer their Gmail mailbox data with all the key elements intact. With this utility, you can export all Gmail emails to PST at once. You can download its free demo version and convert Gmail emails to PST file with ease.
Follow the below-given steps but before that install this software on your Windows OS.
Step 1. Run this Email Backup Wizard on your Windows OS system.
Step 2. Click on Open >> Email Account >> Add Account.
Step 3. Enter your Gmail login details and under the Additional setting put IMAP Port Number and click on Add button.
Step 4. After that click on the Export button and select PST format.
Step 5. Browse the saving location and click on the Save button.
Here starts the process, after this tool export Gmail email to PST format, you can find the transferred .pst file at the targeted location.
Why Choose Xtraxtor Gmail Backup Tool?
There are many eye-catchy features of this tool that make it easy to use and operate and perform the export operation with 100% efficiency and accuracy. Some of them are;
- Selective Email Export: This tool is beneficial when users want to convert some selective emails only. To avoid entire mailbox export, this tool helps the user to export some important Gmail emails to PST format. In this way, you can save your time and effort by exporting needed mailbox data only.
- No File Size Limitation: With this utility, there is no limitation on email file size. One can use this tool and export an unlimited-size Outlook data file in a single attempt. Most importantly this tool makes sure to export large-size email data files without no data loss.
- Multiple Saving Option: This tool not only export Gmail emails to PST but also offers different saving options also. Using this tool you can also export Gmail emails to PDF, MBOX, HTML, CSV, and other file formats with complete mailbox data. Most importantly you will get all these options in a single interface only.
- Export Gmail Emails to Another Webmail Account: Using this software, users can easily transfer their Gmail emails to another email account without facing any trouble. Users can directly export Gmail emails to Yahoo, Yandex, Zoho, and many more in a few simple clicks.
- 100% Secure: This is one of all applications that export your Gmail mailbox data to .pst format in a secure way. This tool makes sure to maintain email data integrity while transferring it to PST and other file formats with ease.
- Maintain Mailbox Hierarchy: While you export Gmail emails to PST format using this tool there will be alterations in the email folder and sub-folder structure and hierarchy.
Here in this blog, we are discussing the top two approaches to export Gmail email to PST. We will learn the manual as an automated procedure to carry out this exporting process. Now the user can choose one that suits their needs. Try the method for yourself and decide which one works best for you. Hope we solved your problem and you can now convert emails from Gmail to PST format without any problems.