Today, in this article, we are going to discuss how to import EML to Gmail. If you are looking for a solution to open EML file in Gmail then your search ends here. Here, we will provide effective solutions to upload EML files to Gmail stepwise.
Gmail is one of the most sophisticated and widely used free email services. It offers several apps to professionally manage daily basic tasks. On the other hand, EML is referred to as a single email message that is supported by multiple email client applications.
Can I import EML files into Gmail? Yes, but there is no direct manual solution for this importing process. Do not panic. You can do it using EML supported email clients such as Windows Live Mail, Outlook. Import EML file into these email clients. Then, configure Gmail account with email client and move EML files to Gmail mailbox folder. However, you can directly import EML to Gmail using Xtraxtor EML Converter. With this utility, you do not need any type of configuration. This software enables you to open EML file in Gmail in just few simple clicks.
- Launch this software on your system.
- Add EML files into software.
- Click on Export and choose Gmail.
- Enter Gmail login details and then press Save button.
Done! By following above steps you can easily complete the process.
We will discuss both manual & automated solutions in detail in the next section but before moving on to them, we understand the reasons behind this importing process.
Why do Users Need to Import EML to Gmail Account?
- Gmail is a trustworthy and easy-to-use email service provider
- Gmail is a cloud-based email service that can be accessed anytime and anywhere
- Offers upgrade facilities like G Suite so that users can open their corporate Email id.
- Gmail is a free of cost email service and easily runs on any operating system including Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, etc.
- It can be easily used on devices such as computers, laptops, mobile phones, etc.
These are the advantages of Gmail that users want to use to import their email messages into a Google Account.
Method 1. How to Open EML File in Gmail Manually?
You can manually import EML to Gmail using Windows Live Mail. In this method, first of all you need to import EML to Windows Live Mail and then configure your Gmail account with Windows Live Mail. After that, dar & drop EMl files to Gmail. Hence, it works in multiple phases. Follow the below-given steps to upload EMl files to Gmail-
Step 1. Import EML Files into Windows Live Mail
- Launch Windows Live Mail on your system and click on File tab.
- Now, click on Import Messages and select Windows Live Mail.
- Click on Browse to choose the location of EML files.
- After that, select the folder that contains EML files and press Next.
Step 2. Configure Gmail Account with Windows Live Mail
- Click on Account tab and select Email option in Windows Live Mail.
- Enter Gmail credentials and click on Manually Configure Server Settings.
- After that, enter following details in the respective field-
Incoming Server Information: Server Type- POP, Server Address- pop.gmail.com, Port- 995
Ouging Server Information: Server Address- smtp.gmail.com, Port- 465
After entering the details click on Next button.
- Now, you will get a confirmation window where click on Finish button.
Step 3. Drag & Drop EML Files into Gmail Mailbox Folder
After completing the second step, your Gmail account is successfully added in Windows Live Mail. Now, go to the folder in which you import EML files and drag & drop these files into Gmail mailbox folder.
Done! Hence, you can manually import EML to Gmail but this is a time-consuming process. Non-technical users face difficulty in completing the process.
Method 2. How to Import EML Files to Gmail Instantly?
Try Xtraxtor EML Converter tool on your Windows PC. This is the one-stop solution that allows you to upload EML files to Gmail account directly. With its simple interface, any novice user can use the software and import EML to Gmail mailbox without any hassle. It preserves 100% data integrity during EML to Gmail migration.
Along with that, this tool can also import EML to Google Workspace, Yahoo, Yandex, and many other webmail accounts. There are various advanced filter options that help to import specific and selective emails from EML files.
Steps to Upload EML files to Gmail Account
- Install and run Xtraxtor on your computer.
- Click on Open >> Email Data Files >> EML Files >> Choose Folders or Files.
- Select a folder having .eml files.
- Click Export and select Gmail from the saving option.
- Enter your Gmail account credentials and click the Save button.
Done! This is the simplest and most successful solution to import EML files to Gmail account directly.
Why Choose EML to Gmail Wizard?
This wizard has many useful features that make this task easier for the users. In the following section, we are going to discuss some highlighted features of utility in detail.
- Easy to Use: The software has a simple and graphical user interface. Beginners can also import EML files to Gmail without any issue. Regardless of whether you are technical or not, the tool does not require technical knowledge to perform this task.
- Bulk Conversion: The utility grants permission to import EML to Gmail in bulk in a single time. In addition, the software is not subject to any restrictions. You can easily perform unlimited EML file migration without data loss.
- Preserve Data Integrity: The software maintains the data integrity of EML files during the import process. The metadata properties are retained even after the import EML to Gmail account process.
- Different Saving Options: Using this software one can also convert EML to PST, MBOX, CSV, PDF and many other file formats. All these file-saving options will be present in a single interface.
- Selective Email Conversion: The tool previews EML files after loading them in the software panel. Here you can select the EML files that you want to import into a Gmail account and save your time.
- Save Emails with Attachments: This utility supports to import EML files to Gmail account along with their attachments. You do not have to import the attachments from EML files separately, the tool imports attachments that are linked to email messages.
- Windows Supportive: It is completely a Windows-based utility that can be easily installed on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and other editions listed below.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question 1: Can I bulk upload EML files to Gmail account?
Answer: Yes, the suggested tool gives freedom to upload multiple EML files to a Gmail account at the same time without losing a single piece of data.
Question 2: Unable to Sign into Gmail?
Answer: You have to enable Less Secure Apps as well as IMAP from Gmail security settings. Enable these settings to make migration operational.
Question 3: Can I import Thunderbird EML files to Gmail?
Answer: Yes, the software supports importing EML files created by Thunderbird and other supported email client applications.
Question 4: What about my attachments during the import process? Are attachments imported with my emails?
Answer: The utility is capable to import EML files into Gmail including all attachments. Regardless of the size of your attachments, the tool saves them with email messages.
Gmail is the most preferred email service provider with lots of great features. Most of the time, users need to upload EML files to Gmail account to achieve the advantages. Here in this blog, we have explained the reliable solution to import EML to Gmail. You can manually open EML file in Gmail but it is so complicated process. However, the above-suggested tool helps you to complete this process instantly. This is an advanced utility that allows you to open EML files in Gmail account directly in just simple 4 steps.