“My PST files contain some important data. I want to convert PST to vCard format but I am unable to do it. Can anyone help me suggest any reliable solution to convert PST file to vCard format?”
There are a lot of users who want to convert PST to VCF format. If you are also one of them then you have landed at the right place. In this post, we are going to discuss how to convert Outlook PST to vCard format.
Microsoft Outlook use PST file to store its mailbox data including emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, journal, etc. On the other hand, vCard/VCF is also a format that is used to store and exchange the contact information of a person in text file format. It includes a wide range of data related to individuals or organizations, such as names, phone numbers, email addresses, physical addresses, job titles, and more. vCards are commonly used for sharing contact details between different software applications, email clients, and devices.
Reasons Behind PST to vCard Conversion
Sometimes, users want to convert their PST file into vCard format. Converting PST to vCard format can be essential for several reasons. vCard offers a standardized and universally accepted format for storing contact information. It is a versatile choice for sharing and transferring contacts across different platforms, devices, and email clients. vCard files are highly compatible and widely supported by various email clients. It ensures that your contact data remains accessible and usable, even if you decide to switch to a different email or contact management system.
Additionally, converting PST to vCard simplifies the process of sharing or exchanging contact information with colleagues, clients, or associates. Hence, converting PST to vCard format streamlines the management and sharing of contact data, ensuring that it remains compatible, accessible, and readily available for various communication needs. Here, we will provide easy ways to convert Outlook PST to vCard format. One is a manual solution and the other one is an automated solution. Let’s discuss one by one.
Method 1. How to Convert PST to vCard Manually?
You can manually export PST to vCard using MS Outlook. First of all import PST file into Outlook if it already not present in Outlook. Follow the below-given steps to convert PST to VCF manually-
- Launch MS Outlook application on your system.
- Now, Click on File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Select Export to a File and click on Next button.
- After that, choose Comma Separated Value and press Next.
- Browse your PST file and save it in CSV format.
- Now, open Gmail and go to Google Apps to select Contacts.
- Then, a new window will open where click on Import option.
- Select the CSV file that you export from PST and press Import button.
Now, PST file is saved in VCF/vCard format. Hence, you can manually convert PST file to vCard format. But it takes a lot of time to complete the process. Also, you need a Gmail account to convert CSV format to VCF.
Method 2. How to Convert PST to VCF Format Instantly?
Xtraxtor PST Converter is a perfect tool to convert Outlook PST to vCard format. With this software, you can directly perform PST to vCard conversion without any external help. The software has many advanced features such as bulk conversion, selective conversion, folder selection, etc. Using this tool, you can also convert PST to PDF, MBOX, EML, CSV, and many other formats. Try its free version and convert PST contacts to VCF format to check its work efficiency and accuracy.
Follow the Below Given Steps to Convert Outlook PST to vCard Format
- Launch this software on your Windows PC.
- Now, Click on Open >> Email Data Files >> Outlook PST/OST Files >> Choose Files from Folder.
- Here, you can view PST data items before converting them to VCF.
- After that, Go to Export and select vCard from given options.
- Select folders that you want to export from PST to VCF.
- Apply filters to convert selected data item.
- Browse target location and then press Save button to start PST to vCard conversion process.
The process is complete. Hence, you can convert PST to vCard format in just a few simple clicks.
Key Features of PST to vCard Converter
- Stand Alone Utility: This is an undependable tool. That means you do not need to install any other applications to perform PST to VCF conversion process.
- Bulk Conversion: The software has dual mode to export PST file. You can convert multiple PST files at once. Hence, it saves your time and effort to export unlimited PST files.
- Selective Conversion: Sometimes, users do not want to convert all data items. It provides various advanced filters such as to, from, date, time, cc, bcc, etc. These filters help you to export any specific data that you want to convert.
- Various Saving Options: The software has multiple saving options. It not only convert PST to vCard but also convert PST to MBOX, EML, CSV, TXT, and 10+ formats.
- Retains Folder Hierarchy: Users are always concerned about their data. In this application, you do not worry. It is able to convert Outlook PST to vCard in its original format.
- Easy to Use: The interface of this utility is very simple and easy to use. Both technical and non-technical users can easily convert PST to VCF without any external guidance.
- Vast Compatibility: It supports all the latest and old versions of the Windows operating system. You can run this utility on any Windows-based system without any compatibility issues.
In this post, we have discussed how to convert PST to vCard format. Here, we have explained manual as well as automated solutions. You can manually convert PST to VCF but there are some limitations of this method. However, with Xtraxtor PST to vCard Converter, you can easily convert Outlook PST to vCard in a few seconds. Try its free version and if you have any doubts related to the product then contact the support team which is available 24*7.